Kari L. Greenaway
Who is she anyway? Where to start? My name is Kari L. Greenaway. To our dogs I am “mums”. Central PA is home. I am an accidental poet (or maybe not,) who was born July, 8, 1971 in a small town in New England. My dad, a nature-loving gentleman, named Dennis R. Abbott (who passed from this world near 8/31/2016,) married a lovely young lady named Bonnie L. Fisher (who passed from this world 12/23/2018.)
- The Lord knows me and makes me to stand, kneel, lay down in green pastures, dream, and dance. My tears are His, as is my joy and my pain.
- I had a vivid imagination as a child and into my early adult years. Until my mind took a slight vacation without telling me. I had to practice making my mind go blank at times to keep memories and thoughts at bay. Fast forward to 2.24.2021 (the day I am editing this) and I feel like a special blessing has been delivered. Some more of my mind (much improved-okay, that is debatable.) and a portion of His heart.
My childhood years?
- Have in a sense passed, yet remain in full force.
Early adult years?
- I called myself a Christian but saw I was living a life that didn’t glorify God.
Schizophrenia? (My crazy)
- Living with “schizophrenia” and moving forward with hope, peace, and joy is an ongoing thing for me.
- My faith in God and my relationship with Jesus Christ have been key along with the steadfast love of my earthly-soul-mate (hubby), my wonderful family/friends who no matter the trial, distance, time, still love me.
- I wonder and occasionally smile when I think. God, I can’t imagine how You will turn my “episodes” to good, but I know You will, and I praise You!
My relationship with Jesus?
- Is starting to flourish.
- December 1, 2007
- On my wedding day, I didn’t wear something borrowed, something blue.
- I wore a white wedding dress and carried my Bible.
- The only thing I could bring to our union, was myself and my belief in God’s Word.
- I trusted Him to make our marriage right.
Schizophrenia and poetry?
- They just collided.
-Do you want it in black and white? I am k.
- I’m a dreamer and an achiever.
-Or do you want it in color? I am klg.
- I’m ALIVE!
- I’m DRIVEN
- Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- There is a God
- Jesus is the Lord. (Him crucified & risen from the dead.)
- You can tell a gentleman by the way he acts.
- I believe in the Bible 100%
- There’s good.
- There’s evil.
- Neutrality is not an option I choose.
- In the past, I was not a people person. I was more of a hermit. (Reading trained seclusion, and episodes taught me loneliness.) Now though, I want the Lord to lead me to those in need, and to be an active participant in the community around me. Nurturing, comforting, lifting others.
Or do you want it in cartoon?
- God’s got this. (You, us, me.)
- I appreciate your time.
- Trust Him to open up opportunities to know Him.
- Jesus will not push His way into your heart, but awaits your answer to His gentle knocking. He will meet you where you are, take you as you are and transform you toward hope, and joy. His, “no one can take joy.”
- I look with hope and excitement toward tomorrow.
Have any questions?
Want to connect with me at a local event?
- Here is the link to my calendar. Spoken Word/ Poetry Readings / Book Signings
Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, oh Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
Thanks for reading
P.S. What about you?
- Are you friend or foe? I hope it is friend. (Just saying.)
- I would love to hear your “story.”
Kari L. Greenaway (k, klg, Mrs. Greenaway, Kaw-ree, so forth and so on….)
Connect with me on Amazon!Connect with me!